Here a couple steps you can incorporate for yourself and your kids:
- Try to keep sweets for special occasions or weekends only.
- Soda is very tempting during summertime: but avoid as much as you can. You do not need the extra sugar. Also, the caffeine from soda will make you feel dehydrated.
- You have to compromise at your meals: If you are going to have a burger opt for a salad instead of fries.
- Stay hydrated with water and not juice! (juice is not worth the extra calories)
- Keep junk food out of the house.
- Try to keep your cheats for vacation or when you go out to eat
- Try to burn some extra calories on vacation by doing something fun. (doesn't necessarily have to be in a gym)
- Take the kids out to play so they are not stuck at home all day.
It is very important to stay active and make your kids stay active during the summer. We do not want any future couch potatoes!!!