So far so good! I have found something to cure my sugar cravings that is a tasty treat and gluten free! I made chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas! Yes chickpeas! Surprisingly you could not even taste the chickpeas in the cookie. On day 3 I kind of slipped and had some ice cream. So I kind of cheated on the dairy free part. It is all good because I got right back on track the next day.
Recipe for the cookies:
1 1/4 cup chickpeas washed and then dried with paper towel
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup natural crunchy almond butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in food processor. Process until smooth.
3. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and then add dark chocolate chips.
4. Make 1 1/2 inch cookie balls with wet hands and put on foil or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes ovens will vary.
The end result: