Studies have shown that exercising in the morning pre-breakfast can burn up to 20% more fat! So try fitting that workout in before your breakfast meal. Remember after your workout to fuel your body with a breakfast that is full of good fats, protein, and a high fiber carbohydrate. Having a stack of pancakes loaded with syrup will set your weight loss efforts out the door!
Here are some great breakfast ideas:
- 1/ 2 cup rolled oats,(cooked in your choice of water or milk) nut butter, and a fruit of choice.
- Whole wheat toast and egg white veggie omelet
- Whole wheat English Muffin with nut butter and banana
- 1/ 2 cup of rolled oats,(cooked in your choice of water or milk), fruit, and a hard boiled egg.
- Whole wheat toast with avocado spread and scrambled egg whites with kale
- Greek yogurt with fruit (choose berries they are full of antioxidants)
- Smoothie: made with coconut water, fruits of your choice, some frozen kale or spinach and your choice of protein powder (or add nut butter if preferred)
Remember don't hit the snooze button! Get up and get moving! Your mind and body will thank you.